Ocala & Gainesville Criminal Defense Lawyers: Armed Robbery
Armed Robbery Attorneys Tania Alavi & Andrew Pozzuto have over 50 years of combined Florida criminal defense experience defending people charged with Armed Robbery and other major crimes in Gainesville, Ocala, and the surrounding areas.
If you are charged with Armed Robbery in Gainesville or arrested for Armed Robbery in Ocala, you need an Attorney who will relentlessly fight for your innocence. Armed Robbery is a serious crime that requires a serious, aggressive attack on the state’s case against you. Every second count. Contact The AP Law Firm today at (352) 732-9191 or tell us about your case with this form.
ROBBERY CHARGES IN FLORIDA
Robbery in Florida includes:
- Florida Statute 812.13 defines Robbery as theft with the use of force, violence, assault or putting the victim in fear.
- Penalties: In Florida, the crime of Robbery with NO weapon is a 2nd-degree felony punishable by a maximum of 15 years prison and a $10,000 fine.
- Armed Robbery with a Deadly Weapon
- Florida Statute 812.13 (2)(a) defines Armed Robbery as theft with a firearm or other deadly weapon.
- Penalties: In Florida, the crime of Armed Robbery with a Deadly Weapon is a 1st-degree felony punishable by life imprisonment.
- Armed Robbery with a Weapon
- Florida Statute 812.13 (2)(b) defines Armed Robbery with a Weapon as theft with a weapon.
- Penalties: In Florida, the crime of Armed Robbery with a Weapon is the 1st-degree felony punishable by a maximum of 30 years prison and a $10,000 fine.
- The sentence for robbery will depend on an individual’s prior criminal history if he or she had committed prior violent crimes, the type of weapon that was used if the victim was injured and the value of the property stolen.
- The use of a gun during a robbery may carry the 3-year minimum prison sentence if the individual is a convicted felon and a 10-year minimum mandatory sentence if the prosecutor charges the person under the 10-20-Life statute.
- If a gun is discharged, a person may be sentenced to a 20-year minimum mandatory prison sentence.
- If a gun is involved and the victim is seriously injured, a person may face a minimum-mandatory 25-years up to life sentence.
ROBBERY ATTORNEYS ALAVI & POZZUTO
If you have been accused, arrested or charged with a crime such as, Robbery or Armed Robbery, contact Tania Alavi & Andrew Pozzuto, immediately. Call (352) 732-9191 or tell us about your case using this form. We defend people charged with misdemeanor and felony crimes in the Gainesville and Ocala area (Includes Florida counties: Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Gilchrist, Levy, Union, Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion, and Sumter).
Start here. Talk with Criminal Defense Attorneys Tania Alavi & Andrew Pozzuto. Our team will analyze your case, advise you of defense strategies and explain your options.